Monday, October 1, 2012

The CWC Experience

Well, I’ve made it through the first four weeks of classes here at CWC, and though I was a bit nervous at first, I absolutely love it! I graduated from high school in May of this year with 41 credits through Central, took 14 more this summer, and have to say I was pretty well acquainted with the classes and “college life” at CWC. I am currently double-majoring in math and psychology, plan to graduate in the spring of 2013, and continue my education at a four-year school. My class load, due to my desired graduation date, is rather large but my instructors are all great and I love all the courses I am taking. Aside from schoolwork, I am a Quality Leader, a tutor in the Student Success Center, and work in the Activities Office. There is always something to do here at Central, and for students who do not want to take an extremely large amount of credits or work for the college, the events and activities that take place are numerous! Coming up October 2, 5, and 6, the Lady Rustler’s volleyball team is competing at home against Western Wyoming, LCCC, and Eastern Wyoming, respectively. Tuesday there is a tailgate party prior to the game in front of the Student Center, so come and support our team! Also coming up is the annual CWC Foundation’s Oktoberfest. This event is a scholarship drive for the college with silent and live auctions and will be held October 4 from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Riverton. As you can see, Central Wyoming College has many activities and events for students to attend, while offering a variety of courses to interest students in and out of the classroom.

-Macey Fegler
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment