Friday, October 5, 2012

Having a blast so far…

This is my first ever blog entry, so I suppose I should start out by telling you a little about myself! The name is Tanner Evans, but I go by Gard on account of some odd family tradition from back in the day. I plan on majoring in Business Administration, but after that have no idea what my future will look like. I was born and raised in Riverton so ask me if you need to directions anywhere within the expansive three mile radius of town! I just came off of a summer job of painting houses all day, every day, not the most exciting summer stories ever… I literally watched paint dry to make some money, but it’s good since I’m full time at Central now. Finally, any challengers out there want to take me on in madden, well I’m always game!

So, I’ve done some pretty neat stuff lately on campus. After vocation for the NSO, (which was really good) I was invited to go zip-lining above the fields behind the college. Now, I’m really, really afraid of heights, so zip lining sounded a little terrifying to me. I managed to power through though, and it ended up being really fun! No worries either, I was completely safe at the bottom. (I know a lot of people were mostly concerned with my safety throughout that story.) I also went to participate in a little beach volleyball/fire pit action one late night after classes and had a blast. There was an added bonus of meeting some cool people that go to the college too.

I also made it to one of the volleyball games. It felt great to be part of a student section again riling up the other team with everyone. (Our apologies if any of the girls from Sheridan College want to fight us later.) It was also nice that the CWC team won so handily. A shout out to the volleyball team! Needless to say I will be going to support the Lady Rustlers again. Unfortunately, I haven’t made it to any of the Rodeos yet to support our home town cowboys and cowgirls but I’m hoping to soon!

I’ve been looking forward to Oktoberfest lately. I’m not at all sure what to expect but I’m happy to be doing something productive besides school work these days, so Thursday here I come. I can’t lie though, every time I hear October I think of Halloween! Definitely my second favorite holiday. Hopefully someone will host a costume party so I have an excuse to order a Halloween costume at age 19.

Well, that about sums everything up for my time so far. Everyone have an amazing life until my next post!

-Gard Evans
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment