Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Packing again?

I feel as if for the past year all I have been doing is packing and unpacking. I finally feel like I am all settled into my apartment after moving from Mote Hall. I can’t seem to stay in one place for long and somehow I’m still pretty bad at packing plus I always tend to over pack. I know of quite a few things in my closet right now that I will probably never wear.

I have learned a few things about packing though. First, keep your stuff organized and get rid of things you don’t need. I always seem to be doing more cleaning than packing. Second, start packing BEFORE the day you want to leave. Last minute packing means you will forget something. When you take your time to pack it makes it easier to take inventory of what you have and what you need. It also makes it less stressful. Third, make sure all of the things you are planning on taking will fit in your vehicle. It is rather distressing when at the last minute you have to completely reorganize because everything will not fit. And last but not least, ask friends for help. Moving everything yourself is not fun! Have some buddies help you carry at least the heavy items.

Well those are my packing tips. Maybe after a few more moves, I will finally master packing.

Amanda Hessler
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment