Monday, October 22, 2012

Pre-Health Major

Hey everybody! My name is Drew Leach, and I have been born and raised in the good ol’ town of Riverton. My mother’s family has lived around Wyoming for most of their lives, mainly originating from the tiny town in the Big Horn Mountains called Hyattville. Although living here for quite a while, my father is actually from Arizona, where his entire family lives. Coming from different parts of the country, it has been really fun to learn about the different cultures from where my family comes from.

I attended Riverton High School, which was a very great experience for me. I played three sports of all four years of high school, being football, wrestling and track. I was also involved with different clubs and programs at the school like the leadership program, National Honors Society, CAN and Yearbook.. When I heard about the Quality Leader Program at CWC, I was really excited to join and get to meet some more great people.

I chose to attend Central Wyoming College because I have always lived around here, which let me really weigh the benefits of staying home for college. I want to be an Orthopedic Surgeon when I am done with school, with CWC being a great place for me to get my feet wet in college. Currently I am studying Pre-Health, and it has been a blast so far. After CWC I plan on attending the University of Wyoming to continue on my goal of a surgeon. After UW, I will most likely attend the University of Washington Medical School. Even though my plans include attending school for 12 or more years, I am excited to embark on this journey.

On the social aspect of college, I have been pretty busy as well. I have been hanging out with my friends a lot, and we have been attending a lot of school events. We have been joining the rowdy student section at each home volleyball game. The team has been doing work so far, and I fear for the health of the opponents when our girls spike the balls in their faces. As always, I have heard the rodeo team has been doing well, even though I haven’t been able to attend any home rodeos. It is pretty cool thinking that I go to school with a bunch of stellar athletes making their ways into the national ranks. Even though I am not involved with the sports, I will do my best to support them.

I believe that that pretty much sums up my life as of now. I have pretty much been busy doing my schoolwork and supporting my fellow classmates. So far, college has been pretty fun for me. I can’t wait to post again and update you all on what has been going on in my life. Until then, enjoy everybody else’s posts, and have a great semester.

Drew Leach
CWC Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment