Friday, October 19, 2012

Getting Involved…

Wow, I didn’t realize how fast school flies by! First semester is already half way over and it seems like I just started classes yesterday. Let me tell you though, college has been a very exciting experience so far that I wouldn’t want to miss out on. There are so many activities and clubs with people constantly promoting them that it is hard to resist them all. There are volleyball games, which everyone attends, as well as plays, dance sessions, movie nights, and so much more. At CWC it seems almost impossible to not be involved.

The best activity that I have been to this year was Oktoberfest which is one of CWC Foundations scholarship fundraising for the quality leader scholarship and many others.  There was a live and silent auction, dinner and dessert. It was fun to model the live auction prizes as well as bid on some of the silent auction items.

Being involved within the school has really helped me to create new and enriched relationships with people, while helping me to do better in the classes I am taking. You would never believe how much it helps to know some of the people in your classes. They can help you understand content, just be a study buddy, or become one of your friends that you talk to during class. When I first started college I didn’t think that I needed to meet any new people because I already have good friends and that I wouldn’t need help in class because I am very independent, however the reality is that you can never have too many friends. It’s also nice to have someone to help you in class because college level courses are difficult and very different that high school classes.

Although college seems tough it is a good idea to be involved and make it easier on yourself. College has been one of the best experiences I have had in my life so far and I wouldn’t change my choice to attend college if I had to make that decision again.

Kyla Randall
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment