Thursday, October 4, 2012

No Regrets

It’s always fun and exciting to write a blog and share with current events I have in my CWC life. This semester seemed to begin organized and planned, but unfortunately it didn’t. I finished my program requirements last semester, and was very close to graduate. Although, I could graduate at that time, but changing my major from International Studies to Corporate Finance made me to stay here at CWC for one more semester in order to complete some prerequisites before I move to four-year school. Frankly speaking, changing my major was not the only reason why I stayed here longer, there are other things that I took into account and made my decision. Firstly, I should be proud of being in a Quality Leader group, that gives a privilege of being part of Leadership group and achieve qualitative experience. On the other hand CWC offers so many chances to accommodate my needs not only inside the school but also outside.

            There are some classes that students need in order to complete the program requirement and there are also classes that students need in everyday life. For example, I registered in my prerequisite classes but I also added one class that will be helpful in my everyday life - and I know, I will be using the skills I obtain in this class later in my life. For instance, I’m taking Windows 7 class and I’m really enjoying. It’s fun, relaxing, no pressure but at the same time I learn so much in this class. Even though, I have some computer skills (I hope I do), but there are still a lot of things to learn, and I surely can apply in my everyday life.

            What I most like here at CWC, that staff is very helpful here. If they see that you have a potential to study, desire to accomplish something, they will help you with no doubt. For example, I’m planning to transfer to some universities such as: Georgetown University, University of Wisconsin etc., and some of faculty members heard about it and expressed their wish to support me and do everything they can to make that transfer possible and easier. I think it’s very generous and kind of faculty to be willing to do this.

So far, the time I have spent here has been very productive. I don’t regret the decision I made to come to CWC. I obtained much more, then I sacrificed. I think CWC gives a good preparation for students transferring to four-year school. I know, many students who transfer from CWC with good grades, still keep the same grade scale at other universities and become more successful. I hope you enjoyed and I hope it wasn’t too boring, I’m pleased to share my next blog with you.

Thank you for your time,

Fazli Basitov
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment