Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Student Success Center is there for you

Writing a blog is always a good process. It’s sort of a self disclosure, a relief after which I feel better. This blog I’m planning to devote to my experience of Fall 2012. This semester I became a teacher assistant (tutor), at Student Success Center also known as Trio. Student Success Center is a CWC organization which offers students a various types of opportunities. Trio fulfills almost all needs of every student. It provides laptops, books, calculators, advising - transferring services, counseling and also provides an accommodation to students with special needs. The staff at Trio is specially helpful, friendly and all of them have a dedication to help students, to provide the best opportunity to succeed in classes. At Trio, the staff has a dedication to provide the learning environment, they are also interested in setting up interest groups and in preparing needed materials and supplies. Every faculty member is there for you to help you to improve your good habits and academic performance, to mentor students and to provide successful learning methods.

            The most important thing at Trio is that students get a chance to study with peer-tutors who have taken your class and got an A grade. They are your best source. They know how you are feeling about the class, because they have been in your shoes just a semester before, and they know the best methods and tactics that work to be successful in those classes. I have improved academic skills last semester when I used to come as a student. Now I’m there as a tutor, and help them with the best I can, so they can do better.

            I highly encourage every students to join Student Success Center and to become a Trio Student. It helped me, it helped my other friends, and I’m sure it will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment