Friday, November 9, 2012

Central Wyoming College is a Family

It’s nice to be able to be one thousand miles away from home, and still feel as if you are at home. In most colleges and universities, it’s hard for people to get into the groove of things. It’s a different story here at Central Wyoming College.

When I came here last year from Omak, Washington, I was nervous AND excited. There were so many new situations to experience, yet, I was nervous that things wouldn’t work out as planned. What if I had a hard time making new friends? What if I couldn’t keep up with my school work and rodeo? These were questions that arose, but just as quickly as they arose, they vanished.

I made so many new friends here in all different areas. I had rodeo friends, broadcasting friends, and housing friends. Each friend from each group had their own special talent. . . Friends that would comfort me when I needed comforted, friends that inspired me when I needed, and friends that boosted my happiness when I needed it.

Not only are all of the students at CWC friendly, but the instructors are all very easy to get along with. Whenever I had a problem in my class, they were more than willing to help me catch up and they were available most of the time for extra help. I have lots of friends from back home that complain about there not being enough one on one time with their instructors, so they don’t feel as successful. Instructors at Central Wyoming College are good at what they do and they truly care about their student’s success. It’s awesome to be a part of a college where all of the instructors care about each student’s improvement!

Big universities and other colleges have NOTHING on CWC… We’re more of a family than a bunch of kids spending thousands of dollars on an education where people don’t give us the time of day. We’re treated like we are somebody, not nobody. It’s an amazing feeling to come to a college and truly feel accepted. You’re treated like an adult, but you are never on your own. Central Wyoming College is the best place to start off the rest of your life, I wouldn’t have changed colleges for anything!

Jonnie Crossland
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment