Thursday, February 9, 2012

Weird Double Major

I am a freshman at CWC and majoring in Theatre and Equine Studies. Many people look at me funny when I tell them my majors. Theatre and horses are my two favorite things and being able to major in two very different subjects is one of my favorite things about CWC. Both the Theatre and Equine programs at CWC are amazing. I love going to class which is good because I don’t have a whole lot of time to do anything else.
My theatre classes are wonderful. I learn new things about acting and myself as a person everyday and enjoy the people in my classes. My professors enjoy teaching and care about their students. In the evenings I rehearse for the CWC Theatre Department's production of Camelot. Rehearsals are a blast!
I love getting to ride my horse for class. It doesn’t seem like work at all. My equine professors are brilliant and inspire me to learn and be better.
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know. I love being at CWC and being surrounded by a beautiful landscape and wonderful caring people.
Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions you will make. Choose the one that is right for you! Don’t go to a college because other people want you to go there. Go to college because you want to. If you don’t want to be somewhere it makes it hard to be motivated. CWC allows me to follow my dreams and I am grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow.
Amanda Hessler
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment