Wednesday, February 1, 2012

News Broadcasting major loves her program of study

I have never felt more at home than with the Television/Radio News Broadcasting department.
I am from Washington and it’s hard to be away from home. You leave behind your family, friends, and all of the other people that have surrounded you for eighteen years, and then are put into a new setting by yourself.
At first, it was really difficult to accept the fact that I couldn’t take a weekend trip to see my friends at college. They would talk about how they got to see each other every weekend, and it frustrated me that I couldn’t be there with them to join in on the fun back home!
What made the transformation easiest for me from high school life back in Washington to living on my own at college in Wyoming were the people in the News Broadcasting Department.  I am majoring in Television News Broadcasting, and that was the best decision I have ever made. The classes are challenging because the instructors know and love their programs so much.  They are always willing to take the time out of their day and explain things thoroughly.  You don’t just sit and listen to lectures all day, you actually go out and experience hands on learning.
Everyone- staff and students- are so friendly and caring. They are easy to get along with, and they are always there to help. Without those kinds of people, big changes are difficult, and I truly appreciate that they helped me transition so smoothly.
The News Broadcasting Department isn’t the only area at Central Wyoming College that is like that, the whole campus appears to be that way. I am truly grateful to be a part of such a great school!
Jonnie Crossland
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment