Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Year end~Jess

The end of the semester is FINALLY here.
We go to school for several months every day. We do tons of homework, struggle with tests, and fight through those "pop quizzes" all for this one last week: "finals week." Everything I've learned throughout the year will be tested this week. Many people fear finals week, but I love it. It gives me an opportunity to show that I've learned the subject that the teachers have been trying to teach me all year (unless it's math that we're talking about!)
Every year, people ask, "So what's you're goal in school this year?" Many people reply: "I want to get good grades in all my classes." That's a great goal; it really is. But I have met many people who received high marks in their classes without learning a single thing. So, when someone asks me what my goals in school are, I say, "I want to learn." If I get a B in a class, which I may actually receive this semester in one of my classes, that's okay to me if I've LEARNED the subject. Learning the material means more to me than an A.
So here come finals. Here comes my opportunity to show that I've learned. Hopefully, that translates into A's, but we'll see...
I'm off to study more. I see a couple of all-nighters in the near future!

Jess Miller
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment