Friday, April 13, 2012

College Life

I never imagined that college would be that much different than high school. Looking back there were always the clichés about college students and how life is just one big party, but I have learned that the fun one has at college is determined on their own interpretation of the word “party”. For me, I have found excitement in joining clubs and on campus activities such as INBRE, Undergraduate Research Club, and Quality Leaders.

College has given me the opportunity to interact with people whom I wouldn’t have even glanced at in high school as well as given me a chance to help people through exercises and activities I never thought possible. I find that while it is still hard for me to get up for an 8:30 a.m. class, it is more because I am lazy than the fact that I don’t enjoy going to college. I couldn’t ask for better professors, classmates, and general faculty because while I am here to learn, I am also here to grow as a person not just a student and the college environment makes it fun and easy to do both.

I am finding that the allure of college stems mostly from misguided notions of independence and responsibility but the fact of the matter is that I am still a kid at heart and while I like the fact that I can go out and help people as well as work and go to school, it is still nice to come home to a great family. What I thought college was a year ago is a complete 180 to what “the college life” actually is. Every day I am an active member in the on campus community as well as being well involved off campus too, and to me that is the best party anyone could ask for.

By Cassie Paulsen
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment