Monday, March 8, 2010

Meet Jesse

Well, it's another normal day for me. You know, for once, I'd like to know what it feels like to be a "normal" student, if there exists such a thing. I used to think college would be all fun and no work, but that's not how it has panned out for me.
It's 4:00am, and I just got up so I can get ready for work. I open a local gym and work there in the morning from 4:30 am until I go to school. Once I'm at school, it's all business. I've worked hard for my good grades, and I will continue to work hard for them. CWC isn't the end for me; I need good grades so I can qualify for scholarships when I begin attending the University of Wyoming.
So...back to what I initially said. College isn't how I planned it. I work three jobs to make sure I can pay the bills.  I'm taking 14 credits this semester plus I volunteer for a local Boy Scout Troop as a Scout Master. I feel like I have no time to be a "kid."  Maybe that's a good thing. College has made me take on more responsibility and grow up. The hard work and effort I've put into it is helping me prepare myself for a career.
So maybe it's not that bad after all...
Jesse Miller
Quality Leader
Nursing Major

No comments:

Post a Comment