Friday, March 2, 2012

Water Use & Sustainability presentation enlightening

Last Thursday afternoon many students had the opportunity to participate in an active student discussion on water use and sustainability.
Students from the Environmental Science class created detailed presentations to educate fellow students and community members as well. Throughout the hour, many controversial topics were addressed along with the future of water quality and our responsibility to conserve. The event had excellent turn out and after the presentations; the floor was open for questions. Many of the audience members had questions and it was amazing to see such an interest in the issue of water quality. I am really happy I attended the discussion because much of what I learned that afternoon coincided with my class work.
This is a really cool opportunity that I hope will continue to take place on campus. Not only do these student led discussion groups help peers gain a different understanding of an issue but for me personally, information resonated better learning it from peers.
Annawynn Blankenship
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment