Thursday, March 1, 2012

Relaxation well deserved

Being an English/Art Major I have many projects and papers that will consume much of my time in the next few weeks! Lucky for me, these projects are interesting and they keep me on my toes. In my Mythology and Folklore class, I am researching Polynesians and writing a paper about a hero. My group is finding it hard to meet out of class, because we all have so much going on! Our teacher, Wes Connally, understands this and gave us a heads up so we could find a solution to this problem.  Mythology and Folklore is a class that deserves a lot of hard work, but it also comes with appealing topics. We are reading from three books in Mythology. It is fascinating to read about the originations of certain Gods and Goddesses. As English major, I have really enjoyed this class. Sometimes it is difficult to find time to read all the assigned homework, but the reading always presents a new story that I cannot forget. On top of the readings, and the oral presentation, it is required of us to write a midterm paper about a hero. For my hero paper, I decided to use a book I read last summer, The Legend of Drizzt by R.A Salvatore. Now the challenge is to find the time to write the paper. :).
I have learned that my biggest problem in college is time, between school, homework, work, the boyfriend, and exercising I have very little hours in the day to devote to seeing family, relaxing, reading books I choose (not textbooks required in class), or riding my horses. Fortunately, I know in the end all my hard work will be worth it.  I will have over 40 credits that transfer to the University of Northern Colorado in the fall towards my Masters in English, Art, and Education.
I know I will definitely be ready for some relaxation when spring break comes!  I may visit Greeley with my boyfriend. It would be nice to go on a road trip and relax. I will also get to spend some time with my family. Even though they live close, it is difficult to see them with all the tasks that I must complete in the week. Hopefully, the week of spring break brings us good weather so I can frolf (similar to disk golf). One of my favorite things to do in the spring at CWC, plus UNC has a frolf course also, so I need to get working on my skills.
Nicole Cooper
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment