Thursday, March 22, 2012

CWC Showcase

The CWC Theatre Departments next project is putting together a showcase. The students in the directing class have all selected a 10-20 min project. The projects include one act plays, original one act plays, a musical and short skits. Our assignment is to direct the project we picked. We have already had auditions and selected our actors and are currently in the rehearsal process. All of the directors are acting in other directors projects. We also have some students that are not theatre majors participating in the One Acts this year!!

My project for the showcase is a drama called “The Fume of Sighs” by Brendan Kane. Brendan is a friend of mine from Colorado Springs and I am really excited to be directing his piece. My project calls for a cast of two. I was blessed with a wonderful cast. The part of Claire will be played by Quincie Cowell and the part of Robert will be played by Zedekiah Mills.

It is awesome and stressful to be completely in charge of your own show! I really like working with my actors and seeing what they bring to the character that I may not have thought of. I can’t wait until I have it all put together! A show starts to come alive when you add the set, costumes, makeup and props.

It is interesting to go to rehearsals with other directors because everyone has their own way of running a rehearsal. When directing I want to make good use of my time with my actors but I also don’t want to burn them out. I want rehearsals to be fun and productive.

This is a really fun project and I am excited to see how all the shows turn out. If you want to come and see the showcase it will be held in The Dance Studio April 19-21 at 7:30 and April 22 at 2:30.

Amanda Hessler
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment