Friday, December 10, 2010

Meet Kelly

Hey! My name is Kelly Phister and this is my first year at CWC. I am majoring in psychology and plan on becoming a substance abuse counselor! I have had a great first semester and I am really excited to continue my education here at CWC. Fortunately I was able to take Dual Credit courses throughout high school so I got a head start when i started here. Well i guess i should back up a little...I was born in Utah but lived in Northern California for the first 3 years of my life (yeah it's confusing) and have lived in the great town of Riverton since then! I really enjoyed growing up here and going to high school here too. I was involved in a lot of things in high school. I was on the volleyball team practically all four years...(long story)... and i was also on the track team. I loved attending the football games and basketball games as well. One of the dual credit courses i mentioned earlier was a Culinary Arts class and i took that the last two years of high school with a few of my really good friends. This class, for me, was a GREAT experience because we got to compete in competitions around the state and my senior year we actually took first place at the state competition in Sheridan, Wyoming. It was so fun to compete and actually win something that huge! Yes, if you are wondering we had a huge trophy! haha :) Anyways, I really loved high school in Riverton and I was pretty sad to leave that part of my life. But when I started school here at CWC, I found out that it was actually a lot better than high school and that I could be involved in a lot of things in college too! I am a Quality Leader and I got to participate in intramural volleyball every week and it has been so much fun! Well that's about all I have to say for now! Thanks for reading!

Kelly Phister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment