Monday, February 8, 2010

Meet Britnea

I have been a student here at Central Wyoming College now for a year and a half. I am currently beginning my second semester of the nursing program here. It is a four semester program, and I look forward to completing it. It is very hard to get back into things following the Christmas break that was a month long; however, learning must go on. Currently, we are learning to start IV’s on our patients. In a week, the instructors will have us do a live check off on this skill with a partner. In other words, I am expected to start an IV for the first time on my poor friend. I do however; feel l confident enough that I will not hurt her. This for me is very scary, but, giving shots for the first time last semester was just as scary; so I know I will make it through it.
In two weeks we are to start clinical and this is when I will be putting my skills into action. The instructors are very knowledgeable and very helpful here. I feel very confident that they are teaching me everything I need to know to take proper care of my patients. This is exactly why I knew that CWC was the right choice for me. All of my instructors are very dedicated to our learning and being successful.
Britnea Cassity
Nursing student
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment