Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meet Chloe

Hello All! Welcome to Central Wyoming College Blog Spot!

I am Chloé Skaggs and I am just finishing my freshman year of college! I am a representative of Student Senate, a Quality Leader, and just today was inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa academic society. This year has been absolutely fantastic! I am an acting major as well as technical theater major, so most of my time is spent in the theater!

Our spring musical this year was, “Fiddler on the Roof”. It was a huge undertaking, with such a large cast and famous songs and LOTS of dancing. I love the large musicals that CWC produces. It’s a wonderful way to get in touch with the community! There are so many community members who join us for this one show of the year. We have teachers, doctors, and even pastors join in on the fun! I am the current choreographer for the theater department and I feel so privileged that I get to work with so many of the cast members so personally. I like to think that even those who don’t think they can dance, end up having a good time! “Fiddler on the Roof” was a huge success for not just CWC, but the community as well. I believe I can speak for everyone involved when I say that it was a great experience!

We just closed our final theater production of the year, The Student Showcase! This is a weekend full of shows that are student directed one-act plays. The students directing these plays are in a directing class that only meets once a week, anyone interested is welcome to join! After two straight plays and a musical, these are a nice release from the grueling rehearsal schedule the others require. They are usually no more than twenty minutes long and typically have small casts. This creates a much more relaxed working environment with lots of room to goof around!

This spring a few of the theater majors did a community service project. The Riverton Kiwanis Club hosts a literacy breakfast each year with food, free books for youngsters and some entertainment geared toward the importance of literacy. Lily Schamp, another Quality Leader blogger, wrote a short five-minute skit titled, “Deputy Eddy Saves the Day”. It’s a western tale of a sheriff’s deputy who, “reads too much for a cowboy” but because of his tremendous knowledge he’s able to deliberate with the, “roughest, toughest, rootenest, tootenest outlaw in The West” and resumes peace in a small, sleepy town in the Wild West. I think that this may have been the highlight of my whole semester!

Though this semester has been a REALLY busy one, it hasn’t detracted from how incredibly amazing it was! I can’t wait to blog again to discuss the rest of the semester!

Learn something new!

Chloé Anna Skaggs

Quality Leader
CWC Theater Major

No comments:

Post a Comment