Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A birthday, a piñata, and good cooking

My name is Angelo Flores a criminal justice major here at Central Wyoming College. Just this last Sunday, March 4th, was my 20th birthday and this was a special birthday because I am no longer a teen. Even though I was no longer a teen my friends thought, the day before, I should have one more little kid birthday and set up a piñata up in the front yard. I honestly haven’t had a piñata in about 14 years. This was great time we were all hanging out and eating all the candy in the piñata just brought me back to the days when everything was so simple. As much as I do miss the days when there was no responsibility and life as so much easier I do enjoy all of the things are able to do as an adult.
Considering the rough childhood I had the fact that at 20 years old I am about to complete my second year of college with an associate in criminal justice is just an amazing accomplishment. With more big news I got on my birthday was the letter from the University of Wyoming saying that I have been accepted to attend there next fall. But the best thing I could have asked for on my birthday was my birthday dinner that my mom made. She had made my one of my favorites: chicken enchiladas! Her cooking is the best in the whole world so I enjoy every time she cooks for me. All in all it was a pretty amazing birthday I don’t need to get a lot of big expensive gifts it the little thing and hang having fun with family and friends that make it great.
Angelo Flores
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment