Monday, January 23, 2012

New CWC Debate & Forensic Team member loves the challenge

As I begin to start me second semester at Central Wyoming College, I find that I am not active in as many activities as I would like to be. But one organization that I am very active in is CWC’s Forensic team.

Although this may sound like finding the dead bodies and helping solve the unsolved murders around the Fremont County area, the Central Wyoming College Forensic group includes different styles of debate and individual speaking events.

I joined the forensic team late last semester and I have already participated in two different tournaments. The team is coached by Jeremy Christensen and Will Cooney who are not only experts in the field of forensics but constantly work to challenge my colleges and I to dig deeper in an argument and become more aware of every angle of the proposition at hand. I look forward to working on debate because it brings me out of the shell I have created and shows me the world from many different viewpoints. The coaches are extremely fun to be around and my teammates are always cracking jokes or composing conspiracy theories during our down time. As a team we plan on attending half a dozen more tournaments during this spring semester.

Right away I was given a crash course on how to debate, and this is an education that I constantly work on expanding at least five times a week. I would even dare to say I spend more time working on how to improve my debating skills more than I work at my part time job. It is a constant mindset and it has only served as advantageous in the classroom for me as a student. I am excited to continue debating with the CWC forensics team and I think that this semester will serve as a very exciting and successful one for the team.

Annawynn Blankenship
CWC Quality Leader

AnnawynnsPicforBlogPhoto by Annawynn Blankenship

No comments:

Post a Comment