Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Enjoying student life @Central

This is my second year at Central Wyoming College. I should say second and amazing year. So far, I have gained a great experience from being here. I got to meet a lot of people who helped me not only on campus during my studies but also gave me lots of useful advice about my future plans. I think it's one of the most key features of CWC, that you can get help from anyone. People are nice and polite, professors are friendly and helpful. For example, I'm sort of struggling with my Math class in this semester. But there are so many resources on campus that won't let me down. There is a Trio center, where you can get help from tutors and professional staff, and also your professor is always ready and glad to help you. There is a math lab where you can also find an assistant who is always happy to assist you. I think that's a advantage studying in small community college where you can get your professor's attention and help from other people. I have studied at the University of Pennsylvania and I never remember talking to my professor after the class for 15 or 20 minutes. It was hard to catch them.

   

     On the other hand there are many classes that I really enjoy. For example, if you are majoring in International Studies, Criminal Justice or Economics you are in luck. There are some great instructors teaching the classes of those majors and I have been in their classes. I can tell they are fun, kind and have a huge fund of knowledge and they know what they are doing.  

 

     I think one of the well known problems that students face is stress. Everybody knows that time management is significant. But not everybody knows that not having a time management can cause dozen of problems including stress. One of the methods that I came with is just simply identify what is most important for me during these two years of study. I'm an international student, I came to this place from overseas and yes, I do care about my grades and about my self. What I do is, I give a priority to my studies then once I'm done with all my classes and assignments I can afford to hang out, watch endless TV and so on. I just realized not hanging out with friends will not cause stress or any other problems related with my health or school. But now turning in an assignment can really hurt your grade and then yourself. So, I believe it's very important to understand, why you came to this place, what is most important for you right now, what you can postpone and what you can't, what are the consequences of being lazy or irresponsible? I think these are questions student should ask to him/herself and then move forward.

 

     I also believe, one of the best ways to be connected to campus life is to live on campus. I spent my first semester living on campus. I lived in Residence Hall. It wasn't bad experience, in fact I remember to be involved in every single event on campus. It's fun, it's interesting and I think it's one of those moments that you remember once you graduate. It can get noisy and messy sometimes, but there are people who take care of that place very well. If you prefer quite life and privacy then you need to find something different than on campus housing but if you are enthusiastic and full of energy then you are in the right place.

 

    I also would like to mention the opportunities CWC offers. There are numerous of scholarships and career options. On of the most prestigious scholarships is "Quality Leader" scholarship. I think it's blessing to be awarded, because there are so many things in one scholarship. For example, once you are awarded you are one of the leaders of the school, plus you are the ambassador of the college and you get money for that. Moreover, you do good things to other people. QL services are fun and it's pleasure for me to do this service. You help disadvantage people, tutor kids, prepare a Christmas gift for families, you are involved in community work to serve people. I'm glad to be part of the team and look forward to be more helpful for the community.

--

Kind regards,

 

Fazliddin Basitov
Quality Leader

 

No comments:

Post a Comment