Monday, November 12, 2012

Find that someone

When people are forced to take classes outside of their preferred subjects, like math, they tend to get a little irritated. Stop those feelings of anxiety and depression right now! I am here to tell you that there is someone on campus for everyone. Now, I am not talking romantically, although I am sure that you can find someone if you search hard enough, I am speaking in terms of a professor that you can learn from. For me, I have found great professors for math, science, and general studies. Mike Bostick happens to be a math wizard and a genius if you ever find yourself needing help--he is your man. Steve McAllister, Tara Womack-Shultz, Bill Finney, pretty much the entire science department, can answer any question you may throw at them. (McAllister: Biology, Shultz: Anatomy, Finney: Chemistry) General studies professors are degree specific professors, however; I utilized their classrooms for general credits. Jeff Hosking makes class fun with contemporary historic events and witty debates while everyone raves about Jewel Dirks and her ever fun classes. Before I began college, I thought that my brain would never find its counterpart in another like it had in high school and then it happened. One sunny day I looked up into the skyscraper that is Steven J. McAllister and thought “yes, I can work with this.” So boys and girls don’t give up on finding that special someone who can guide you through the intellectual realms of college just broaden your horizons and embrace those who offer their services.

Cassie Paulsen
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment