Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Brady kicks off this year’s Quality Leader posts

For the third year in the row, the Central Wyoming College Quality Leaders are scheduled to do guest posts on our CWC blog.  It’s an opportunity to hear first hand what life is like here @ Central.  Today’s guest post is QL member, Brady Beers, who is a first time student. 

Hey there,

This is my first blog post of the year and honestly I’m a little late to the game because I just haven’t been able to think of anything to write about. I am a first year student at CWC and so far I love it. Any nerves or fears that I had about my classes have been washed away by how much I like my professors and love the content that I am learning about. I have never been in a class with as many people as my anatomy lecture, or one with as few people as my physiology lab, but it is really interesting to see how the number of people affects the dynamics of the learning environment. Luckily, even in a class as large as the anatomy lecture, it seems easy for my professor to focus on just one of us if that is necessary.

I am a pretty shy person, so the idea of stepping into a classroom where I knew nobody and making new friends seemed pretty daunting. It was pretty surprising when a whole group of people sat down next to me and immediately included me in their lab group. It was almost like I didn’t have a choice, but that was the best thing that could have happened. Since then I have gotten over my shyness a little bit and become a bit more social.

Even though I am in college now, I still spent a large chunk of my time with my family. We are big outdoors people, and recently we took a trip up Beaver Rim in search of antelope. We were hugely successful, coming back with all of our tags filled and a great day to go with it. My brother shot the biggest antelope that I had ever seen, and while mine wasn’t as large, I’m still proud of it.

College is going to be a great experience for me. My time at CWC is just getting started and I am excited for all of the new experiences I am going to have. By the time I am done here I plan to no longer be a shy, nervous student. I plan to be an outgoing and completely social person. With that in mind, I better head to class! See ya next time!

Brady Beers
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment