Thursday, October 18, 2012

So Much Involvement!!

Hey everyone. This is my first blog post so I’ll do my best to impress you all! I am Kaylie Randall and this is my first year being a CWC student. I must say it is pretty awesome. Being a quality leader is amazing and has given me an opportunity to be involved at school but in the community, which is great. I never knew how much there was going on at campus and in the community. I guess our town is just full of parties and exciting events (that is if you are old enough…).

This past weekend I helped out with the Women in Science program that took place on campus and it was so interesting! I led a group of kids to a break out session, got to help out and participate in the session, free lunch (because what college student doesn’t love free food), and watch a speech given by a member of the science posse. The session I went to was the fire safety station and they showed kids all of their fire gear and pictures of putting out huge wild fires as well as teaching them to record fire weather. So cool!

I also will be helping out at the Help for Heath Hospice Barn Bash this upcoming weekend. I’m not quite sure what all will be going on during the event, but I do know we will be serving dinner, there will be a wine tasting, plus live and silent auctions where all the proceeds will go to hospice and helping fight cancer. People from all over the county are coming and it is going to a great cause so I bet it will be lots of fun. I am always happy to help out at things like these!

So there are just a few things I have been involved in so far at Central and there are many more events and activities to come. Hope everyone is having a great fall!

Kaylie Randall
Quality Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment